Life is a Song, Love is the Music.

Monday, March 2, 2009

4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

I learned an invaluable lesson this week. Flute fingerings and saxophone fingerings are nearly exact, with the exception of a few notes. Saxophone is MUCH better than clarinet when it comes to timbre and playability.

This is how I am doing in music theory 4:


As I blog, I am listening to my neighbor's alarm go off. I am not going to call, simply because it's daytime and I'll be gone to teach a piano lesson in a bit. I hate the dorms, except for a few select people, and I miss my mother. 4 days. 4 DAYS!!!!!

The past weekend was a busy one within the department. We had a day concert on Thursday, a Brass/Woodwinds concert Friday, and a senior recital Saturday. We built the set for percussion ensemble after the recital, and I rehearsed with Percussion Ensemble yesterday from 6:30 until 10. Lots of pineapple and ham pizza. I also drank my first soda after a week of drinking water and juice trying to rid myself of a mysterious ailment. It was the nastiest Coca Cola I have ever had my displeasure of tasting.

Here's a rough version of some of what we managed to get built.


At some point, I'm going to post more pictures with the carpet, instruments, lights, sound system....Heck... Here's one from last year during the concert.



Yes. That is what it will eventually look like. Somewhere between the fog and marimbas, I'll be there smacking some thing with a mallet.


Here's a fun picture of the ladies that helped build set last weekend...


I'm in the blue.

MY CONCERTS ARE IN A MONTH!!!!!!!

As I proofread this, I realize that I have no life outside of music.

My neighbor finally came back to her room to turn off her alarm!!!!! Blast KZP pledge week... there's 3 pledges on my floor that act like a bunch of hens. Blast all sororities!

Off to teach a piano lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home